Monday, February 27, 2012

My Reading History

Reflection of My Life in Reading

        I really don't have much reflection of reading. I graduated to the 6th grade that was my last actual grade of attendance. At the age of 17 I recieved a G.E.D. I grew up in foster homes with not much guidance and support. As an adult I had a very hard time retaining what I read, with my mind wondering.
         I have recognized my weakness so I have taken proactive measure to ensure my success in college. Being 40 years old I was a little embrassed at first to be taking basic skills class. Knowing in my heart that I needed to fill in the blanks, so I decided to start from A to Z. This is my second semester at Southwest College. I can truly say that I love learning now, just as if I was five all over again.
     
         My educational goal is to get a degree in Child Development. I want touch as many lives that I possibly can to ensure that I reach out and embrace little children and help prepare them for life. I also want to have a resource center for parents to come and get assistance with various situations.

         I truly feel that as a minority we need to create a network system. So we can learn to support one another. Each one Teach one, so thank you for being a part of the first steps of a thousand to make others dreams come true.

Sincerly Almaz
    
    

1 comment:

  1. You are a wise woman. Go get what you desire! There is no shame in choosing to better yourself through academics. You are a great person and I am fortunate to have had you in my class. I don't know how I missed reading your history, but I'm glad I did. It helps me to know who you are a bit better. See you in future classes.

    ReplyDelete