Sunday, March 4, 2012

Self Regulated Learning

Let’s look in the mirror of self regulated learning
 I had a very low self confidence when it came to if I had the skills that it required to pass college classes which impacted my self-motivation.
I knew I lacked the motivation to be a successful student I had to take control my own education. So that’s exactly what I did, I knew that I needed the basic skills class to fill the gaps in my knowledge, that was the start of my academic plan.
I knew the skills that I needed was: time management, motivation, so I began to take notice to the learning methods that best worked for me.  I needed to have a sense of what areas in my academic profile that need improving. So I would know what needed my focus. Through close self reflection the area I need help with is Time Management, I lose a lot of time.  The use of time is a significant factor in success.  Being highly motivated now I began to manage my time through a day planner. Being able to monitor my performance through the week making necessary adjustment; making sure I have some goals in place. Challenging myself to be the best, always holding myself accountable.
 Almaz

1 comment:

  1. You made some significant discoveries through self-reflection which is always useful. Self-reflection requires us to be willing to truly examine our behavior and be willing to change. You also mentioned accepting responsibility for your education. Taking responsibility for your success is "huge". You have already made it through some of the difficult steps and you clearly have a plan of action. I can see these characteristics in your performance in Reading 25. You are well on your way.

    ReplyDelete